Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 226

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking)

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    More mirrors for the donald? That sounds like an interesting job STINGRAY69.

    Musically speaking? I am making up for lost time with my new The Runaways and Queens Of Noise discs. Little did I know what I'd been missing all this time.
    I will be needing those other ones very soon!
    Todd

  2. #12
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I had a feeling you'd like those CDs! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    GD

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mr B Twister, It sounds Like yer hooked like the rest of us. Its kinda fun catchin' up, There is some great music created by the Fab Five. Glad to see ya joining our ranks.
    Rog [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Some fun Jam music:

    Wide Spread Panic's "light fuse and get away".

    It cooks.

  5. #15
    STINGRAY69
    Guest STINGRAY69's Avatar

    Cool

    Roger(Aka Ellanoize)A little trivia...Steve Marriott in 1969 was Jimmy Page's first choice To be the Zeppelin vocalist,but Peter Grant took Page to Plant....& The rest is history.......
    Bohemian Twister..Your right ! I get to work with, & Meet Famous people & places at work.......But knowone can hold a candle too Cherie Currie she's #1st Class always.. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] ...Eric................P.S lots of snow in N.J tonite [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] Everyone Have A Good one.................

  6. #16
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey Eric,
    More trivia. Who was Jimmy Page's lead singer before Led Zeppelin?
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    GD

  7. #17
    STINGRAY69
    Guest STINGRAY69's Avatar

    Lightbulb



    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 15, 2004 04:46 PM: Message edited by: STINGRAY69 ]</font>

  8. #18
    STINGRAY69
    Guest STINGRAY69's Avatar

    Lightbulb

    Gus: It was Keith Relf with The Yardbirds...Pre Zep....Eric....OOh Gus I just pick up the the Beatles #1 Greatest hits & Lennon Legends C/D's

    Eric [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 15, 2004 04:48 PM: Message edited by: STINGRAY69 ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am a major Eric Clapton fan so I had all that early Yardbirds stuff. I grew up listening to a lot of the early British blues bands, Like John Mayall, The Real Fleetwood Mac, Early Stones, Early Zep etc.
    I listen to a lot of different styles of music, But the blues is still special for me.
    [img]cool.gif[/img] Rog [img]cool.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I loved The Yardbirds! Keith Relf died way too young. All 3 of their lead guitarists ROCKED! I guess Jeff Beck stands out the most with me. 'Shapes Of Things' is my favorite Yardbird's song! A lot of the 'Little Games' lp with Jimmy Page is excellent, especially 'Happenings Ten Years Time Ago!'
    The movie 'Blow Up' includes a scene with The Yardbirds playing in a club during that brief period when Beck and Page were both in the band! I wish that line up had lasted a while longer.
    Eric Clapton is still all powerful after all these years. Gotta love "GOD" 4 sure!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic